DeepScale, Inc. DeepScale, Inc. is a fast growing start-up in the Advanced Driving space, providing perceptual systems for Advanced Driver Assist Systems and Autonomous Vehicles. DeepScale uses deep learning to build accurate and efficient perception systems that enable cars to “see”. Our software takes input from sensors and produces an environmental model of the real world. Our prior work has produced neural nets that maintain state-of-the-art accuracy but are up to 500x smaller than other nets designed for the same task. We have thought leaders and experienced practitioners in computer vision, AI-powered 3D reconstruction, and deploying small neural nets in embedded applications.
As a Junior Systems Engineer for DeepScale your role will be to assist in the creation and maintenance of the core infrastructure that enables DeepScale to:
- Collect, process, and annotate data
- Design and train models for perception-on-vehicle tasks, and
- Deploy those models to embedded platforms.
High Level Responsibilities
- Work with senior engineers and key infrastructure users to understand existing and planned infrastructure components.
- Iterative investigations and experiments with new technologies, guided by senior staff.
- Work on specific projects to automate or add features to core infrastructure
- Perform experiments to determine capacity limits and debug bottlenecks in storage/compute/networking.
- Learn about (and potentially take responsibility for) new-to-you technologies that are in current use
Concrete Core Responsibilities
- Management of local GPU cluster and related services
- Maintain engineering network infrastructure, including VPN and internet access
- Data management and backups
- Manage both on-prem/datacenter hardware and cloud resources
Infra Components (parenthetically: basic/common related technologies)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, ssh)
- GPU Cluster (Slurm)
- Storage/Backup (ZFS, B2)
- Monitoring (Prometheus, grafana)
- Ad hoc Experimentation/Automation (Python)
- Reasonable proficiency in Python.
- Familiarity with some related technologies, particularly from among those listed above, in the areas of storage, GPU servers, automation / conﬁguration management, and monitoring.
- Proﬁciency with source control (git)
- General Knowledge of Linux and package management
- High proficiency in at least one language, such as Python, Go, Java, C, etc ...
- Hands on experience with hardware
- Experience with cloud infra and/or containers
- Experience with Slurm or similar job systems
- Specific experience with debian/ubuntu (including apt)
- Minimum BS in CS, Engineering, or similar.
- 1 year work experience in a related field